Tuesday 28 October 2008

"GHOSTS"

What a strange few days. Firstly, I must apologise to Jayne for being in such a withdrawn and insular mood, to be perfectly frank i don't know what or why I get into this moods. Anyway, last Monday I went to my MIND group drop in to find a new lady there called "Shell", towards the end of the evening Shell suggested that she knew me from my school days, sorry Shell but I couldn't place you at all. Anyway Shell was at the group again yesterday and we sat nattering to each other for a good hour. It was lovely to talk with somebody about old things, places and lost friends. What's more I am looking forward to seeing Shell next week as well, we seem to have struck up an almost instant friendship.

Ghost number 2 showed up a day or two later. This was Mark, a very good friend whom again I had gone school with. He made contact with me through "Friends reunited" and has now e-mailed me and told me a little of what he has done with his life. Although from the outside looking in, everything seems to be rosy in his garden, he has hinted at one or two hurdles that he and his family have had to go through. Whilst i am delighted to have heard from Mark, I know that it won't be as easy for me to communicate with him as it is with either Shell or Kay. Another unfortunate trait I suffer from all in the glorious name of Aspergers. So why more trouble with Mark, well it's got to have something to do with a sense of common ground not shared. We will see where we go with that one.

Ghost number 3, a much more recent acquaintance made, this being the both intelligent and informed Shelly from Minnesota. Jayne and I met Shelly in Ireland and we exchanged e-mail addresses, but for one reason or another I made a mess of writing Shelly's down. I then consigned Shelly to the "Met on holiday, we'll keep in touch, but never do" pile. Oh Shelly I cannot say sorry enough, "Oh yea of little faith" I should have realised that you were sincere when you said you wished to stay in touch.



Cliffs of Moher, beautifully spectacular.

The beach on Inisheer, the smallest of the Aran islands.
Scary monster, just before "All Hallows Eve".
Gladys Mitchell, "The Twenty-Third Man", U.K. first edition published by Michael Joseph, 1957. p 247. Jacket by Kennith Farnhill. A little sub note to this book and that is , it is the only one of Glady's books that I own that carries her signature. It also has an inscription in Latin.
Answers on a post card.

No comments: