Thursday 4 December 2008

mmmmmmmmmm......IT'S BEEN A WHILE.


I don't know why I haven't put anything on my blog for a few days, I kept telling myself "Finish off Bones of the Buried, then do your biog" Well I have finished the book and here I am.

There were times when I thoroughly enjoyed and enthused about this book, I revelled in the historical content and class struggle that runs through the book. However, there are to me detrimental aspects to this book as well as the positives I've mentioned. The two biggest gripes I have are that the two main characters seem to have slipped into almost hedonistic behaviour, therefor tarnishing their appeal and also their own relationship to each other. But to me a far greater crime was committed, where it is fine to have murderers working in unison, it is not "cricket" to have multiple murders committed by multiple killers. It just becomes to cloudy and almost impossible to solve. All in all a 6 out of 10.

A quick apology to Kay for not congratulating you on your wonderful exam result, you are a star. Well done.

I decided to start a Marion Babson book today, as it has a theme that's festive. Babson is an author whom I used to read in my younger days, and generally liked (along with HRF Keating and his Inspector Ghote books).




Marion Babson "The Twelve Deaths of Christmas" First U.K. edition published by Collins 1979. p180, cover photograph by Margaret Murray.



Gladys Mitchell "Cold, Lone and Still" First U.K. edition published by Michael Joseph, 1983, p190. Jacket by Graham Rogers.



Gladys Mitchell "The Crozier Pharaohs" First U.K. edition published by Michael Joseph 1984, p189. Jacket by Graham Rogers. This is notable for being the last book Gladys wrote and the third and last to be published posthumously.

No comments: