Tuesday 16 December 2008

RECIPE FOR SUCCESS !

It's been a busy week for me socially anyway, last Wednesday I went to the LEAT Christmas party, this for fellow Asperger sufferers. It can be quite an ordeal being in a room full of people with Aspergers. Especially awkward for those who have never encountered Aspergers. Having said all of that, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and I felt relaxed and at ease.

Saturday, Clarence invited us to a surprise 70th Birthday Party for his Mother, this was an event that gave me a certain amount of trepidation, could I go and sit in a room full of strangers? How would I cope with a strange enviroment? This was a West Indian function, would a different culture effect me? Well......I needn't have worried, it was a wonderful night and instead of only staying an hour or two, we ended up staying well past midnight. No big deal you might think, but for me this was something of a watershed.

Monday night saw me at the MIND groups Christmas Party. This is probably the place where I feel the most at home. This wasn't quite the case as there was a number of people there who don't usually attend on a Monday night, so this made me quite guarded. It was a pleasant night and I took a desert for the pleasure and enjoyment of my fellow groupees.

CANADIAN PINEAPPLE DREAM

3 oz Digestive Biscuits--crushed
2oz of butter
3 1/2 oz Icing sugar
1 egg
1/2 pt of double cream (not frozen)
432g tin of Pineapple chunks
Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs.
Fold in thoroughly drained pineapple
Beat cream until it is stiff and fold in to the mixture
Put in to a flan dish and sprinkle with the biscuit crumbs, lightly press them in to the mixture
Decorate with glaze cherries or halved grapes
Chill for 24 hours
This will comfortably serve 8.

ENJOY! IT'S GORGEOUS!



Gladys Mitchell "Death of a Delft Blue" first U.K. edition published by Michael Joseph 1964, p240, jacket by Broom Lynne.

Gladys Mitchell, "Here Lies Gloria Mundy" first U.K. edition published by Michael Joseph 1982, p182, jacket by Mark Wilkinson.

No comments: