Monday 16 June 2008

WHAT IS GOING ON?

We went Car Booting on Sunday, and I can safely say that this is a wonderful way to appreciate the full diversity of the human race. Let me give you some examples, some would be customers will select an item, then ask how much? You reply 20p , they then say I'll give you 10p. You reiterate 20p, they say again 10p. Words fail me sometimes 20p or 10p? They walk away when they can't have it for 10p...........Tossers! Other people know they are getting a bargain and treat you with more dignity and respect, accept the asking price and pay with a smile, it is these people that make the day worthwhile, the other sort.......Tossers.
I took a load of Agatha Christie paperbacks, some 1960s publications, gorgeous covers, only 50p each. Not one sold. Philistines. I did sell about 4 horror books, mostly vampire based tales to a young lady. I asked which authors she liked, got the usual answer King, Herbert and Koontz, so I showed her a book by Stephen Laws called Chasm, suggested she give him a go, and thankfully she did. I can only hope that I have saved another soul from falling into the bottomless pits of convention, conformity and dullness.







"The Hollow" First published 1946 by Collins Crime Club. This edition 1963 Fontana books, p190.

"Ordeal by innocence" First pub' 1958 by Collins Crime Club, this edition 1961 Fontana books p192.

"The mysterious affair at Styles" First pub' 1920 Bodley Head, this edition 1962 Pan books ltd, p188.

"The Murder at the Vicarage" First pub' 1930 Collins Crime Club, this edition 1961 Fontana books p191.

"The Sittaford Mystery" First pub' 1931 Collins Crime Club, this edition 1961 Fontana books p189

"Three Act Tragedy" First pub' 1935 Collins Crime Club, this edition 1962 Fontana books p192

"Lord Edgware Dies" First pub' 1933 Collins Crime Club, this edition 1962 Fontana books p192

Baseball update. Fleckney Flyers 341 overall, 13 in the BJ div.

Nice 'n' Sleazy 212 overall, 8 in the BJ div.

Hello to Kay, I am liking your blog more and more, will e-mail soon. Best of health and happiness to all your family and friends.

No comments: