Wednesday 25 June 2008

D-DAY AT WORK! Oh and Cyril Hare.

Well today had to arrive eventually, the day when I would discover whether I still had a job or not. Well the good news is that yes I still have a position at work. The bad news as far as I am concerned is that I have a live 12 month gross misconduct on my file. Something that doesn't sit too well with me.


Cyril Hare is the pseudonym of Alfred Alexander Gordon Clark. 1900-1958. His stories tend to concentrate on Legal matters, eg. Divorce, Wills and the asylum laws from the first half of the 20th century. This is undoubtedly down to Clark being, firstly a barrister and later a county court judge. In 1924 he was called to the bar, In 1933 he married Mary Barbara Lawrence, a union that produced a son and two daughters. In 1958 he was sadly taken ill and died.









"With A Bare Bodkin" By Cyril Hare, first edition published by Faber and Faber, London 1946, P183.




"Best Detective Stories of Cyril Hare" By Cyril Hare, first edition published by Faber and Faber, London 1959, p272.


A small sub-note about Cyril Hare. In the 1930s, he resided in Cyril mansions, Battersea. And worked in Hare courts, Temple.

No comments: