Wednesday 4 June 2008

A little more

The situation at work is presently on hold, as both my rep' and I felt that we had grounds to put in a grievance against the way and time that the whole process had taken.

A little bit more about the way things are broken down in my own mind, and the reasons I think I do what I do. Numbers seem to be prevalent in a lot of my thought processes. To give you some examples of what I am rabbiting on about, when washing the pots up, I feel compelled almost every time to count the number of pots, be they plates, bowls, cups, glasses, pans or anything of significance (Ignoring cutlery). What now happens is that if the pots total 12 for example, every time I wash one 1/12 of the job is completed. Hence two pots equals 1/6 th , three equals 1/4, and so on. This coincides with completing the pots against a time constraint.

This is a typical process and is often applied in the wide and varied aspects of what constitutes as my life. Needless to say that any interruption in the complex thought process that I often implement, could cause added stress, particularly as it may jeopardise the time schedule I place on whatever I may be doing at the time.

As I am still trying to understand my "Peculiarities",

whether this is the norm for people with Aspergers or more particular to me, I don't yet know. What I do know is that it can drain enormous amounts of my mental energy, and sometimes leaves me completely knackered.

Fantasy baseball time, Fleckney Flyers 329 overall, 13 Blue Jay div'

Nice 'n' sleazy 183 overall 7 Blue Jay div'

After struggling for so long in my vain and ignorant way to try and get any book by Gladys. I finally managed to find this Penguin. It gives me great pleasure to think that my first Gladys is now Kay's first Gladys.

1 comment:

Chocolate Cobwebs said...

I didn't realise this book was the first Gladys Mitchell you'd read! Thank you again for sending it - it was very thoughtful. The book has joined my Penguin collection and will hopefully be read in the not-to-distant future. Thanks Phil!